Enjoy your favourite recipes despite diabetes by making some simple healthier changes.
- Reduce the amount of fat, specifically saturated fats. You can cut off visibly excess fat and opt for reduced-fat cooking.
- Use sweeteners instead of sugar. Sweeteners such as Sucralose are stable for use even in cooking.
- Decrease the amounts of oil used by using cooking spray or alternatives such as olive or canola oil for butter.
- Grill, bake, stir-fry or air-fry instead of frying.
- Don’t eat chicken with the skin on.
- Swap out salt for herbs.
- Refrigerate soups, stews and gravy so that the fat freezes and settles on top then discard that layer before serving.